How to Ensure the Most Comfortable Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Session
Posted on 19 May 2023
The summer is often packed with cottage stays and visits to the beach. Brazilian laser hair removal is quite popular as people prepare for the summer swimsuit season. Not worrying about shaving or dealing with ingrown hairs, nicks, or bumps is highly desirable for beachgoers. Toronto Laser Hair Removal has been a leader in the laser hair removal industry; bringing a wealth of experience and knowledge and can offer best-in-class treatments for Brazilian laser hair removal in Toronto.
If you’re considering laser hair removal in Toronto, let’s explore how to ensure the most comfortable treatment session.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work
Specialized lasers use heat to safely target the pigment in a hair follicle to damage it and prevent hair from regrowing. Hair growth occurs over three stages: anagen (growth), catagen (transition), and telogen (rest). When hair experiences laser treatments during the anagen stage, it will be successfully destroyed. That’s why you need to do several sessions, as not all hair is simultaneously experiencing the same hair growth stage. So repeatedly exposing the hair to the laser intends to catch all of the hair during its anagen stage.
Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Session Prep
If you are preparing for your first laser hair removal session, there are a few tips to help ensure you have a comfortable and successful experience.
- No tanning: No sunbeds or tanning of the area you intend to have a laser on 2-4 weeks before your treatment. If you have already exposed the area to the sun and have a tan - it’s best to reschedule. Opt for mini swim shorts if you intend to do a Brazilian laser hair removal. Cover the area from sun exposure and UV rays before having laser hair removal in Toronto.
- Avoid plucking and tweezing: Before your laser treatment, do not pluck or tweeze any hairs from the treatment area.
- Shave beforehand: You must shave the area 12-24 hours before laser treatment for the most effective results from your session.
- Wear loose clothes: To remain comfortable after your treatment, it’s nice to pick out loose clothing to wear to your treatment.
- Take a pain reliever: Brazilian laser treatments are performed on a sensitive area of the body, and if you are aware that you have a low pain threshold, it’s best to prepare and take a painkiller before your treatment.
Laser Hair Removal After Care
You might be finished with your laser appointment, but you need to be mindful that your body is still healing, so you still need to be attentive to taking care of the area where laser hair removal was performed. Avoid body scrubs, swimming, and perfumed lotions for at least 48 hours after your treatment.
Also, avoid exposing the area to sun exposure 2 weeks after the treatment.
The Best Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Services
The Toronto Laser Hair Removal team has been in the industry for over a decade and are experts in laser hair removal. We have conducted countless Brazilian hair removal treatments using the best laser hair removal technology. We are committed to continually learning more and advancing our skills to ensure our clients get the best results.